RECRUITMENT – Health + Safety Officer
Job Title: Health & Safety Manager
Start Date: March – TBC
Job Type: Full-time / salaried
Salary: (experience/skill/qualification dependent)
We Are The Fair (WATF) is an events agency specialising in event production and health & safety. We are looking for a new Health & Safety Officer to join our in-house team. The role would suit someone from a festival and live event background who is looking to join a small team with a family feel. The role would be based in London, Hoxton when Lockdown has ended with a requirement to work away from home regularly, particularly over the summer period.
If you do not have the experience outlined below, but you have a keen interest in a career in Health and Safety for festivals and Public Realm events, please do get in touch as there may be further opportunities to join the team in a more junior role.
Applicants will need at least one of the following qualifications (or above) to be eligible for the role of Health & Safety Officer:
· NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety
It is important anybody applying for the role has a good understanding and experience in the majorty of the list below:
- Working on outdoor events or mass gatherings of 5,000 capacity and above
- Leading on the SAG process & local authority liaison
- Event Control planning and oversight
- Table top Scenario creation and presenting
- Writing H&S documentation including Event Safety Management Plans, Construction Phase Plans, Risk Assessments & Method Statements
- Acting as a health and safety officer on site
- Ability to write Risk Assessments and Safety Management Plans
- Ability to work with clients and understand their H&S needs
- Confident in auditing paperwork of suppliers and clients
Strong organisational skills
Experience of acting as Health & Safety consultant / manager to live events
Knowledge of the Festival industry
Knowledge of the SAG process
Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
We are looking for someone who is a team player, able to get on well with everyone and support others.
If you do not have the experience outlined above, but you do have a keen interest in becoming involved with Health and Safety for festivals and Public Realm events, please do get in touch as there may be further opportunities to join the team in a more junior role.