Title: Events Officer
Office location: Wentworth Woodhouse Preservation Trust, Wentworth Woodhouse, Wentworth, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S62 7TQ
Hours of work: 37.5hrs/week
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Events Officer Role Purpose:
Wentworth Woodhouse is undergoing an exciting phase in its regeneration and needs to expand its innovative events programme. We are seeking an energetic, creative and effective events officer.
Together with our existing events officers and external providers, the post holder will conceptualize, plan and deliver new events for our annual programme operating within the house and its grounds. Working with the existing team the post holder will also provide support for weddings, corporate events as well as filming and TV work. The post holder will have a flair for creativity and be well-networked in the cultural events sector. This will be teamed with excellent organisational skills, a proven track record in event delivery, the ability to negotiate with suppliers and keep events to budget. The ability to deal with a varied and busy workload is essential, as is the ability to analyse issues and propose creative solutions. Candidates will ideally have experience of working with volunteers, preferably within the heritage, culture and arts sector.
Events Officer Role Duties:
With reference to the recently-published Master Plan and Events Strategy for Wentworth Woodhouse, the role holder will;
• deliver creative and commercially successful events;
• ensure Wentworth Woodhouse gains a reputation for high quality innovative events;
• develop contacts within the events industry: event suppliers, musicians, artists, guest speakers, equipment hire suppliers and others;
• submit event proposals for consideration by senior management;
• create detailed event plans ahead of each event, and share these internally and externally with clients and stakeholders, including Safety Advisory Group meetings;
• work alongside the existing events team, other departments including volunteers to ensure that all events at Wentworth Woodhouse work seamlessly;
• support other members of the events team in the management, organisation and implementation of weddings, filming, and fundraising events;
• bring a commercial focus to the fore and capitalise on secondary spend opportunities;
• will work towards ambitious budgets and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
• work with the marketing team and contribute towards the marketing plan and communications strategy;
• manage and oversee events on the day. Be able to solve problems as they arise and communicate effectively with the team, external suppliers and other stakeholders;
• carry out any other duties and tasks as may reasonably be required;
• ensure adequate risk assessments and other Health and Safety requirements are adhered to in relation to all aspects of the above.
Closing date is 2nd March. Application by CV and Covering letter to:
KEELEY STEPHENSON Office Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org 01226 351161 |Ext 703
Please see the criteria expected of the role below. In your application, please note these and explain how you meet and exceed them
Criteria Essential or Desirable Method of Assessment
Experience of the event management industry
Have delivered commercially successful events.
Track record working with arts and entertainment providers.
Demonstrable excellence in customer care and guest management.
Ability to work towards KPIs and targets
Experience of contributing towards marketing and communications strategies.
Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and manage own workload.
Ability to work well under pressure and remain calm in a busy environment.
Experience of leading volunteers and staff
Experience of work in a heritage, arts or cultural environment
Cash handling and reconciliation.
Smart appearance and confident in dealing with the public.
A flexible and positive approach to all aspects of the job.
Ability to work to a demanding and varied schedule.
Able to work flexible hours to fit with the opening hours of Wentworth Woodhouse, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Awareness of the implications of social media in a workplace.